II.

Monday, November 3rd, 1997.

Woke up before the alarm. Drew the blinds, and saw the beautiful sun shining on the rake that was lying in the yard. I went downstairs and decided against breakfast. Noxious because of my periods. I ate an apple though.

School.

I probably failed my biology test. Too much biology going on in my body in the first place. Later, this guy Peter invited me to a party Friday night. Told him I’d think about it, an answer which betrays that I really mean: "I don’t really feel like it". Didn’t want to be rude, but I was. Just want to be left alone.


What would I do at that party anyway? Try to have a coherent conversation, listen to music I can’t grasp or appreciate, sneak out for a beer? Jessica and Katie won’t be there, so I’d be stuck with girls I barely know. James won’t be there either, so what's the point?


Best to forget about it. And spend another lousy Friday night staring at the walls.

No comments: